Anytime you are hungry, the first thing that usually comes to mind is pizza. It is tasty, quick and can be personalised to the T. We can add our favourite toppings, choose a wheat crust base, make it extra cheesy etc. As fun as it is to eat a pizza, it can also be an incredibly amazing process to bake one from the scratch, especially when you have a bread maker at home.
A bread maker, as the name suggests, does not only make breads but can also be used to prepare pizza dough, among many other things. So this is a good news for all the pizza lovers out there, you can now make your pizza at home, whichever you like. From plain dough to basil flavoured thin crust pizza, it is all possible now with a single touch of a button.
If you are looking for a recipe to prepare a pizza dough in a bread maker, then the following steps will come in handy.
Ingredients for a 1-pound dough
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp bread maker friendly yeast or rapid rise yeast
- 4 tsps. Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. cornmeal
- Add the ingredients such as water, oil, bread flour, salt and yeast to your bread maker. Use the order as suggested by the manufacturer in the manual.
- Choose the dough/manual cycle on the machine.
- Once the cycle is complete, you can remove the dough from the bread maker and put on a surface. Remember to flour the surface before you put the dough on it. This will prevent it from sticking to it. You can also add more flour and knead it to make the dough easier to handle.
- Take the pan and grease it with oil. Sprinkle the cornmeal in the greased pan. Pat the dough in a pan. Use ½ to ¾ cup pizza sauce and other ingredients as per your liking. You can add cooked meat as toppings or extra veggies. Consider adding ½ cup sliced onions, bell peppers, and 1 ½ cup shredded cheese.
- Bake the pizza at 425°F for at least 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.